Need an Injury Lawyer for a Delaware Bicycle Accident?
Who doesn’t love a nice ride on the bicycle after a long day at work or school? Children and adults alike enjoy biking more than anything in those warm months in Delaware, where there are always new sights to see. However, though we as Americans love biking, there have also been increased rates of bicycle-related accidents over the years, causing many people to lose their lives or suffer debilitating and permanent injuries. These accidents happen for many unfortunate reasons, from drunk and distracted driving to speeding and simple road mistakes went terribly wrong.
You must understand how to protect yourself and your rights when you have been involved in a bicycle accident in Delaware. Your bicycle injury claim is of utmost importance and we want to help you gain the compensation you deserve in your time of need.
You’ve Been Injured in a Bike Accident – And We Can Help
Being injured in a bicycle accident can be life-altering and put you in a desperate position on physical, emotional, and financial levels. You may want to learn more about how you can protect your rights during this exhausting time. Here are some tips to remember:
- Ensure that you and your bicycle are cleared from the roadways to prevent further accidents and injury.
- Record any information and statements from drivers, passengers, and witnesses who may have seen the accident from start to finish.
- Write down the license plate number of the party who caused your accident.
- Never try to negotiate with a driver after your bicycle accident. Don’t ever take the blame for your accident, either, because it could harm your case.
- Speak with the police after your accident so that you can gain an accident report that entails everything that happened in your case. You can give the police your version of events.
- Seek medical attention immediately after you have been injured. You never know if you have sustained serious injuries or not until you see a doctor. It will also help your case down the road if you receive prompt medical care.
- Seek the help of an experienced attorney.
Moving Forward After a Bicycle Accident
You’ve been injured in a bicycle accident and you aren’t sure how to move forward with your claim. You may have sustained serious injuries, from dislocations to road rash when you’re thrown from your bicycle or traumatic brain injury if you weren’t wearing a helmet. No matter what injuries you have sustained, you have a right to compensation if another party acted negligently. With some accidents being permanent, you want to gain financial help as soon as possible so that you can move forward and recover from your severe injuries with peace of mind.
You should always have an attorney on your side through every step of the process. Bicycle accidents can easily be prevented, but sometimes drivers are not watching out for those most susceptible to these terrible accidents. We want to help, so give us a call about your case today.